Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m spending today with my mom’s side of the family in San Diego this year. I’ll be doing a recap of my Thanksgiving (and my Grandma’s birthday dinner) soon. But I wanted to take today to share some things that I am thankful for. I’ve been noticing people posting one thing they are thankful for every day on Facebook. I haven’t been doing that this year, but I’ve decided to do a top 10 list of things that I am thankful for this year.
1. I am thankful that I have a family that loves me and supports me.
2. I am thankful that even though my mom is going through chemo right now, she is doing amazing and I am every reason to believe that at the end of her treatments that she will be cancer-free.
3. I am thankful that even though I might not love my day job, it pays my bills and allows me to do what I love.
4. I am thankful that I have acting in my life, something that I am so passionate about and couldn’t imagine not doing.
5. I am thankful that I have amazing agents who submit me for great parts and believe that I am going to book something big in the near future.
7. I am thankful that I am healthy enough to do the 5Ks that I’ve done so far (I’ve got one more in a week).
8. I am thankful that I found a workout that I love and that there are instructors there who truly care about me and want me to get in the best physical shape that I can be.
9. I am thankful that I have amazing friends who support me in what I do and are there to cheer me up when I need it.
10. I am thankful for this blog. It has been like therapy for me. I get out things that sometimes are too hard to say out loud. And I feel like by sharing these things, I have been able to get closer to my friends and family and not feel like I am hiding a part of myself.
So those are the top 10 things I am thankful for. I’m definitely thankful for more than that, but I didn’t want to overwhelm you all! I hope that you get to spend today with people who you love and you have a chance to reflect on the things that you are thankful for this year (feel free to share some in the comments if you’d like to!).